niedziela, 12 kwietnia 2009

Missing Easter in Poland

It’s my first time, when I spend Easter far away from my home and from my family. In Poland Christmas or Easter are very domestic time. It’s very important for us. We spend time together and visit each other… and it’s why I supposed this time would be very difficult for me.

Still yesterday I thought it would be really a big defeat. Because I assumed that only in Poland, with my family it’s possible. And in addition somebody stole our 30 EGGS ! I haven’t presumed that it’s possible here- in Denmark We put with Gosia our eggs downstairs to the fridge the day before. And yesterday we wanted to boil some and…surprise! Our all pallet with 30 eggs just disappeared. Now it’s funny! :) But yesterday I thought that we would cry with Gosia. Because we don’t have here our typical, traditional polish Easter food, and to make things worse we didn’t have then even eggs.

But fortunately girls from our house were so nice and they share with us… :D

Easter Sunday is very important in Poland. We spend all day with our family. The most important is common, festive breakfast.

We decided to prepare it together in our place. But before this, Lilla prepared for us big surprise and we went to look for painted eggs in grass. It was very very nice! :) And later we came back and settled down together to the Easter table. It went beyons all my expectations !!! Even Cana joined us! :) It wasn’t completely like at home, but almost ! :) Big thanks girls !!! ...for beautiful decoration, delicious food and just for very nice atmosphere ! :)

…but in spite of all this nice things I still think that only at home you can celebrate Easter in the best way, which you used to do. After breakfast I went for a long walk and then I really started to miss my relatives. I wasn’t nice experience, because I knew that at that moment they were together …

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz